Welcome!



Welcome to my little corner of the world wide web. :) What a blessing modern technology is. I'm so grateful for the websites and ideas that others have shared that have helped them to be successful in their homes, their service in the church, or in life in general. Thought I'd pass on a few things I've learned along the way on my life-long mission to become a better wife, mother, and in my service in the church. Thanks for stopping in!

Friday, October 14, 2011

A bad Case of the "Singing Bug" Music Time

With our Primary Sacrament presentation just a few weeks away, I need to really get some energy from the kids.  The kids in our primary are great but there are still a few that have yet to catch the "Singing Bug" :) so we are going to work on them this Sunday.

What to do:

I made a big 18" ladybug.   On the back of each spot on the ladybug , I put the name of the songs we're singing in the program.  I'll place the ladybug up front on the board.   I'll explain to the kids that while there are lots of cold and flu "bugs" going around this time of year, there's an even more contagious bug going around- the "Singing Bug".

I'll have one of the kids come up and pick a spot off the ladybug. We'll begin by singing that song. With the help of the Primary presidency, we will walk around the room with the dots (garage sale stickers) and place one on each of the kids who are really putting an effort into singing.  Once they get a dot, it means that they are infected with the "Singing Bug" and the only cure is the "S" pills (Skittles) in my jar.  We will continue to put a dot on each of the kids for each one of the songs we review.  I am hoping that even the kids that usually don't participate much will jump on board and become infected with the "Singing Bug" as well.

By the time we are done going through all of the songs, hopefully the kids will be covered with dots and they can trade those in for the "S" pills after primary. 

UPDATE:  Huge success today!  Kids loved it and sang their hearts out.

6 comments:

  1. I love your ideas!! I think I might catch the singing bug soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks! I just made my singing bug and plan on using it tomorrow. I'm glad to have discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas! We're having such a bad year with flu season....I think we may just pass around the singing bug in our ward soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this wonderful idea. I did this today with both junior and senior primary, and it was a big hit! I got their full attention, and they loved getting "infected" with the singing bug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new in this calling and love this idea! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. My primary 💝💝💝 loved this so much. I just used some cute stickers but they wore them proudly.

    ReplyDelete